The EPC 10 PLUS is a fully computer controlled patch clamp amplifier with a built-in high-end interface
board. Continuing the tradition of providing the world's best electrophysiology amplifier, the EPC 10
PLUS has all the features of the EPC 10; but it goes much further in offering many improvements with respect
to data acquisition capabilities. The EPC 10 PLUS features an interface with eight 18-bit AD converters with
a clock rate of 200 kHz (aggregate). The premium sampling parameters make the EPC 10 PLUS best suitable for
multi-channel and high-resolution recordings.
EPC 10 PLUS with ITC-18 built-in:
The fully computer controlled EPC 10 PLUS has an ITC-18 AD/DA
converter interface built-in and is connected to the host computer
via the PCI-18 interface board.
True 16-bit data resolution:
The ITC-18 uses separate 18-bit AD converters for each channel to
provide true 16-bit data resolution.
Current, Voltage and 5 additional AD channels:
The EPC 10 PLUS can simultaneously record the current and voltage
monitor channels of the patch clamp amplifier and five additional AD
channels from other devices. The five channels can be used e.g. to
record fluorescence signals, amperometric signals, or signals from
other amplifiers in parallel to the signals from the clamped cell.
The EPC10 PLUS makes use of the separate AD converters for each
channel to achieve cophasic acquisition on all input and output
channels. With cophasic acquisition, the acquisition board samples
all AD-channels at once, and all DA-channels are simultaneously
updated to their new output values. Thus, there is no time delay
between the different ADC-samples and no delay between setting
a DA-channel and acquiring its corresponding AD-channels.
- Full computer control (Mac and Windows based)
- Can be used with PatchMaster on Windows operating systems, on MacOS 9 and Mac OS X.
- Automatic self-test and calibration
- Automatic Capacitance neutralization
- Capacitance tracking
- Automatic leak subtraction
- Optimized, built-in interface
- Integration with the ITC-18 AD/DA interface to the host computer
- ultra slim-line headstage design with improved noise performance
- True Current Clamp capabilities
- Low Frequency Voltage Clamp
- Digital outputs & telegraphing inputs
- integration of hardware and software eliminates compatibility problems on Windows operating systems.
- True noise measurements from 100 Hz to 15 kHz
- Suitable for single-channel and whole-cell measurements, loose patch experiments, capacitance measurements, recordings from plant cells and organelles, and studying reconstituted channels in artificial membranes
- 100-130 V AC or 200-260 V AC switchable
For general features of the EPC 10 PLUS patch clamp amplifier please refer to the
brochure of the EPC 10 and to the technical specifications of the EPC 10 PLUS.