The HEKA MIM 4 micromanipulator enables an accurate and secure
positioning of your micro tools and a simultaneous monitoring of the
microscope image on the computer screen. With the visual control
of the configuration of the experiment, mechanical distortions can
easily be discovered. A new dimension of documentation of the
experimental data is achieved by recording of the morphology
The HEKA MIM 4 is more than a micromanipulator. With its video
option it goes one step further than all other manipulators on the
The MIM 4 is also available as a double micromanipulator mounted on both sides of
a microscope and controlled with a single computer.
Although the MIM 4 is the ideal accessory of a HEKA EPC based patch clamp setup, it can be combined with any other system.
With video option
- High mechanical stability.
- Course and fine positioning with one instrument (4 speed ranges available).
- Programmable path and home functions.
- Movement range of 20 mm in each axis.
- Fast operation with a maximum speed of 7.5 mm/s.
- No background noise in electrophysiological recordings.
- Usable with any microscope, adapters for many inverted microscopes are available.
- Visual control of the configuration during your experiment.
- Display the video image on the computer monitor together with one of HEKA's data acquisition software.
- Make use of the dual head feature and display the video image on an additional TV monitor.
- Save video image for documentation of cell morphology.
- Record images at every path point or take snapshots manually at any position.
- Travel distance: 20 mm (along each axis)
- Resolution: approximately 40 nm
- Maximum speed: 7500 μm/s
- Angle of inclination: 0°-90° relative to stage plate
- Dimensions (WxHxD)
Controller: (47.5 x 4.4 x 25.0) cm
mounts in 19" rack
Manipulator: approximately (15.0 x 10.5 x 24.0) cm
Controller: 2.8 kg
Manipulator: 1.4 kg
- Power requirements:
100-240 V ; 50 W